28 November 2010

Thankfulnessblahblahblah

I don't really like Thanksgiving.  I know, half of you just gasped audibly, but it's true.  It is ironic, since the fall is BY FAR my favorite season, but it all boils down to food.  I just admitted that on my blog, like the fat kid I am...  the enjoyment of an entire national holiday revolves around food choices for me.  But you people are family, so I guess it's OK to admit that.  I don't like turkey (although I strongly suspect that my grandmother's turkey is dry and that set me against turkey from the beginning, but I won't place blame). I don't like dressing. I don't like casseroles. I don't like pumpkin. I don't like sweet potatoes.  It's just not my holiday, and I'm OK with that.

Since 90% of my life revolves around food, sometimes I forget that there are good things about Thanksgiving.  You know, like being thankful and stuff.  I also get so tired of the facebook status updates about "I'm thankful for my friends and family and God and the baby Jesus and Alabama football" that I tend to think it's too cheesy to list the things you're thankful for.  I still think it's cheesy, don't get me wrong.  I'm thankful for friendsfamilyblahblahblah.  If you fall into one of those categories and I don't mention you, it's not because I don't care.  It's just 1:30AM and we're pushing bedtime so I'm going to try (for once) to not be so long-winded although I'm already at two long paragraphs so I'm pretty sure that already gone to hell but WHATEVER.

Off the top of my head, in no particular order, I am thankful for:
*Jugey, the Wonder-Chihuahua 
*The 5th Anniversary MYCA Stars Showcase (shameless plug December 20 & 21 at 7:30)
*The MYCA Stars in general, and the people they are becoming.
*The work that I get at the LJCC.
*Facebook chat.
*BIG (shameless plug auditions December 15 & 16...I promise, that's the last one)
*Ellie's laugh.
*The fact that I didn't get married when given the chance.
*Finally realizing that my new BFF Heath is, indeed, my new BFF.
*David chats.
*My recent discovery of Alec Baldwin, and the love affair that has followed.
*Emily taking charge of MYCA multimedia so I don't have a nervous breakdown.
*That David G. still tells people about the time he was mentioned in my blog (here's #2 David, wear it with pride, buddy).
*Jessica's "I Gotta Feeling" dance.
*Porch time with Holly.
*Valerie taking her socks off in the Old Navy.

So many other things, everything really. I've got a pretty cool life.  I know it, even though I don't like turkey.

Gobble Gobble, kids.

2 comments: